Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Too Long?

I went to get my hair cut yesterday.

I walked up to the barbershop, after driving across town, and saw an oldish man cutting the hair of another oldish man. Both had gray hair and were probably drafted into a war. I think Korea. I don't think either one was old enough to have been drafted for WWII.

Anyway, I opened the door and said, "Hi." and sat down on a chair.

"What's up?" asked the guy doing the cutting, giving me this nasty look.

"Um," I said, "can I just walk in, or do I need an appointment?"

"I don't cut long hair," said the guy.

"What?" I asked.

"I don't do long hair."

"Really?"

"I pretty much only do regular haircuts here," he said, showing the clippers to me.

"That's all I want," I said. "A regular haircut. Short. It's just gotten a little shaggy."

"Still," he said, "I don't cut long hair. You'll have to leave."

I left.

6 comments:

Jazz said...

Ok, Cowtown? Sorta seems like the American equivalent of Hellhole. Choochoo could move there and feel right at home.

ticknart said...

Actually, Jazz, I don't live in Cowtown. Cowtown is where I grew up and where my parents live. And I've never had trouble getting my "long" hair cut there. There are, however, some similarities between the two, in that out-in-the-middle-of-nowhere sort of way.

Anonymous said...

He doesn't cut long hair? I saw your hair last weekend and boy, if that is long hair, what the heck do you call Robby's and Andrew's and their friends' hair?!
Shaggy, yes. Long? I don't think so! You hippy, you!

ticknart said...

The Mooooooo, Unless my hair grew three or four inches over the past week. What kind of food can do that?

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I hear that drinking coffee puts hair on your chest and that masturbating puts hair on you palm, but I think people are still looking for something that will put hair on your head.

Hmm, what if you dip your **** in coffee and then rub it on your head?

ticknart said...

Tee-hee.

And ouch.