Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The List For 1-24-07

The Lost Books of Eve 1:1
52 #38
True Story Swear To God #3
Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #14
Checkmate #10
Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood #3
The Helmet of Fate: Ibis the Invincible
Supergirl and the Legion of Super-Heroes #26

Notes:

I thought it was going to be a really light week. I'm glad I was wrong.

The Helmet of Fate: Ibis the Invincible
That new costume has got to be one of the worst designs, ever. When I turned the page I kept staring at the thing hoping that I was just seeing it wrong, but in all my staring, it didn't change. I'm looking forward to this new Ibis showing up to be a hero and having someone ask him why he has that "S" on his chest if his name is Ibis. I liked the old costume. It was reminiscent of the early Sandman and Zatara.

Connor Hawke: Dragon's Blood #3
He should have gone for the redhead and let the creepy one get killed. And as for the end, what does that have to do with either the archery contest or the dragon? I know I'll be sticking this mini out, but I shouldn't keep asking myself why.

Spider-Man Loves Mary Jane #14
Gwen knows Peter's secret. Mary Jane knows Gwen knows, but Mary Jane doesn't know. And that frustrates Liz, who frustrates Flash, who teases Peter. This book is great and I plan on enjoying every issue until it's over, unless it becomes unbearable after Sean McKeever leave.

True Story Swear To God #3
A yapping dog, two (or four if you want to get nitpickish) bald heads, and a lost co-host make this one excellent comic.

No comments: