Thursday, January 25, 2007

Untitled

I have... well, not much today.

Other people seem to have things on their minds that they put forth, but not me... well, not today, at least.

I just keep thinking about how much I want to get out of here. This job. This city. This state. This country. This ____. I don't really want to move on to the job I'm trying to move on to and I don't know if that city is the right place, either.

Then, as usual, the whole question becomes "What?" doesn't it? Because if I could just answer that "What?" it would, hopefully, give a direction to a where that could define the city, state, and country. And having all that figured out should lead to a ____, which could lead to so many other things.

Today is a day when I don't want to be me. It's a day when I'd like to try being this guy just to be not me for a while. Well, maybe not that guy, but, how did The Great Gonzo put it, "But most of all I wish that I was someone else but me."

Have you ever seen people like that? People who adjust all their mannerisms whenever a new person enters or leaves? People who speak differently at every occasion? Those people astound me. I have three settings: alone, comfortable with the people around me, and uncomfortable with the people around me.

2 comments:

Jazz said...

It's been a bitch of a week, huh?

ticknart said...

I don't know if it's been a bitch, Jazz, but it hasn't been great.