Monday, January 22, 2007

Car

Tomorrow (or today, for those of you reading this on Tuesday after midnight PST), I will be going to the DMV to register a different car in my name. My car (adventures found here) has hopefully been towed away to be auctioned off at a later date for a price I will be able to take off of my taxes next year.

Have I mentioned anything about changing cars here? I can't remember. I don't think I have.

What happened was that my parents offered to give me one of the cars that they have but rarely (*cough* never *cough*) drive, the Ford Aerostar. Pretty much the car I learned to drive in, which means I'll probably never think of it as mine, but that's okay. It's a stick. It gets okay mileage. It whines a bit in any gear but fourth. I've only driven it twice since I got it, but it doesn't make me think it's going to catch on fire on a trip for groceries.

Looking toward the long run, or at least as long as I ever do, I'm hoping that I'll only keep this car for a yearish and by then I'll have a different job that pays a little more and I'll be living in a different town and I'll have saved enough money to actually buy something nice-ish.

4 comments:

choochoo said...

I want something nice-ish too. Something that smells like new car. Of course, I have no idea how to drive a car, but how hard could it possibly be?

ticknart said...

It's not hard, unless you learn to drive in the snow and ice. I'm betting that's a lot harder than nice, clear, dry roads.

Jazz said...

A car? A real car that doesn't die every time you use it? Luxury indeed!

ticknart said...

Jazz, my other car didn't die every time I used it, it usually died 6-8 weeks after it was fixed.