Monday, January 29, 2007

Pleeeeeeeease...

On Friday I printed twenty copies of the State Application, which I have to include with each inquiry I send back with the "Yes" box checked. I forgot to take them back to my apartment with me because I stopped taking my bag with me to work and I just don't think of grabbing anything except myPod on my way out. That means I couldn't send them off on Saturday, like I wanted to.

So, on Saturday I checked the "Yes" box and signed my name and filled out envelopes and put on a stamp for all the inquiries I got last week, but I couldn't send them out. I had to do it today. There were nineteen of them.

The twentieth was sent to the prison where my aunt and two uncles work for a temporary position. I didn't get a notice from there because I marked that I only wanted to be notified about permanent positions. This temporary position is 24 months long. I figured that 24 months is pretty damn close to permanent, especially since I haven't even been here for 18 months and I'm ready to move on.

As I sat downstairs in the lobby signing and dating applications and licking envelopes, I figured out that I've use about seventy stamps to respond to these inquiries. I counted the roll that I've been using, there are only fifty-two stamps out of a hundred left on it and only one stamp from it has been used on a non-job inquiry related envelope. I've used on sheet of storybook character stamps, which holds sixteen stamps, and a few more off another sheet.

That is a lot of applications sent out since I started getting them the second week of January. A I still haven't gotten one serious call for an interview. (I did get a call from some place at 4:30 one Thursday afternoon asking me if I could go to Cowcity the next morning for an interview at 8:00 AM, but I would have to clear my entire day because they were going to schedule all the interviews at 8:00 and just go from there, so when I got called would be my turn. I told them no.)

Damn, I'm just so tired.

No comments: